PS Series, VO Series
5/10 Year Design Life in Float Service
Click on the PDF icons to download data sheets for each product
General Specifications and Technical Data Sheets
Power-Sonic Europe manufactures a large range of batteries of various designs of which only the most popular types are shown here. Specifications are for guidance only, so please contact us for information on our full range, detailed specifications and applications advice.
If you cannot find your battery requirements from our listings, please contact us here.
- Sealed Maintenance Free
Valve regulated, spill proof construction allows trouble free, safe operation in any position, except continuous use in the inverted position. The sealed system eliminates electrolyte checking and water addition. The gases generated are recombined internally during normal use.
- Shelf Life and Storage
Special vents, high purity lead and grid alloys assure a low self-discharge rate and consequently a long shelf life. Lower storage temperatures enhance shelf life characteristics even further.
- Standby Use
The Float Service Life, or life expectancy under continuous float charge at 20 deg is 5 years for batteries up to 17ah and 10 years for batteries with capacities greater than 26ah.
- Cyclic Use
The number of charge /discharge cycles depends on the capacity taken from the battery (a function of discharge rate and depth of discharge) operating temperature and charging method.
- Design Flexibility
Batteries may be used in series and/or parallel to give you a choice of voltage and capacity
- Compact Design
Power-Sonic Batteries utilise state of the art design, highest grade materials, and a carefully controlled plate making process to provide excellent output per cell.
- Designed-in Reliability
Cutting edge manufacturing and process control combined with strict quality assurance procedures guarantee consistent and dependable performance.
- Wide Operating Temperature Range
Charge: -15 to 50° C
Discharge: -20 to 60° C
Storage: -20° to + 50° C (in fully charged condition)
- Sealed, maintenance free
- Leak-proof design
- High conductivity terminals
- High integrity terminal seal including compression grommet
- Low pressure non-return rubber valves
- Low resistance micro porous glass separators
- Special grid alloys for prolonged service life
- ABS plastic containers
- Immobilised dilute sulphuric acid
- Recognised by UL Standard
- Non-spillable classification
- IATA approved as non-hazardous
- Available to BS6290 Part 4
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 in Power-Sonic production facility
- Many models VdS approved
- Portable tools & instruments
- Handheld lights
- Cordless and portable cellular phones
- Power packs
- Remote or portable data control devices
- Medical apparatus
- Battery powered wheelchairs
- Ride-on toys
- Engine starting devices
- Consumer electronics
Standby or Float Use
- Emergency lighting
- Fire & burglar alarm systems
- Access control devices
- Telecommunications equipment
- Electronic equipment requiring memory protection
- Solar powered systems